This post was sponsored by Evenflo as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received the Evenflo Sibby Travel System to facilitate my review.
As a full time stay at home mom, a lot of times I don’t have any choice but to run errands just me and the kids. Sometimes I’ll get lucky and only have to take one, but most of the time it’s all three of us musketeers! Know that I am most definitely not the only parent in my position, I thought a post on tips for easier outings with kids would be beneficial to my awesome readers. These are just things I’ve picked up over the years, and things that definitely ease taking two munchkins to Target all by my lonesome.
1) Be prepared and stay prepared. Piper is in pull ups so we still take a diaper bag with us pretty much everywhere. I have made it a priority to keep the diaper bag stocked at all times just in case something pops up and we have to dash quickly. Extra points if you just leave the bag in the car, so it’s one less thing to pack up!
2) Keep provisions in the car. It never fails, as soon as we’re on the road to go anywhere suddenly everyone is starving to death or dying of thirst. Keeping a little basket of snacks in the car (that wont go bad in the heat) is really helpful. Also along these lines, having a basket with extra wipes, diapers and whatever else you may need can be smart too.
3) Invest in a decent travel system. We love our Sibby from Evenflo. Even though we don’t have an infant anymore, Piper will still usually choose to ride in the stroller over walking on her own. So when we go places like the museum like we did the other day, our stroller was a life saver. Aside from the huge storage basket underneath, my favorite thing about this one though is that when you have littles, the older one can ride on the back of the stroller Ride-Along Board while the younger one rides up front! It’s truly the most awesome invention ever. Older kids get tired too, so it has come in handy a few times. You can check them out at Target!
4) Plan ahead. For me, it helps to have a decent plan in place when I’m taking my kids for errands. If it’s going to be a few hours, I plan naps ahead of time. It it’s a day where we are gone all day at the museum, I make sure I plan a good breakfast, and try to be sure we eat lunch before the fussiness kicks in.
5) Don’t be afraid to cut it short. If you’re out and the kids aren’t cooperating, check out and head home. It’s not worth your sanity to deal with a public meltdown. If I take the girls to the library to get Addie’s weekly books, and Piper just isn’t having it that day I will call it quits, take them home and go back later when Jake can keep them at home for me.
What about you? Do you have any tips for surviving outings with more than one kiddo?