When we travel anywhere with our kids, it’s already a huge pain. It takes forever to get everyone out of the house, so I try to pack light that way I’m not adding to the load. I’m not a minimalist in many aspects of my life but I am when it comes to a diaper bag. Luckily, Piper is getting old enough that we really don’t need to bring much along. I thought I’d share what’s inside our diaper bag for everyday trips out of the house.
1) Change of Clothes. Duh. The second you don’t have an extra outfit for your kids, you get the biggest mess in history. I also tend to leave the outfit in the bag if we didn’t use it. The reason is simple: I have two kids, hardly any brain left and we all know I’ll forget to pack an extra outfit one day and that day, the biggest mess in history will occur. Vicious cycle.
2) Lovie. We actually have two but her blanket isn’t pictured. That little chick up there is Chica for those who aren’t lucky enough to have kids shows as their life’s soundtrack. Chica must come along if we leave. Period.
3) Pacifier. Enough said.
4) Hair Elastics. These are in every bag I own. Diaper bag, purse, wallet pocket….the list goes on.
5) Aquaphore. Obviously, diaper rashes happen. But this stuff is also good for chapped lips, skin and boo boo’s, head stuck between a stair railing? I’ve got you covered.
6) Diapers & Wipes. The obvious, usual suspects of a diaper bag. Except, these diapers are the perfect addition to any minimalist packers bag. Since we have been using Huggies Snug N Dry Ultra Diapers, I don’t have to bring as many with me. We don’t have nearly the amount of leaks and messes.
Another awesome thing about Huggies is that they’re giving 10 lucky and philanthropic people the chance to nominate an organization of their choice to win 2k! All you have to do is submit a selfie of you and your kiddos with the initiative you nominate and the hashtag #UltraHug.
Tell me below, what’s the most important thing in your diaper bag (or purse) and who would you nominate to win 2k?