Here we go, what you’ll need!
- 1 lb sausage
- 1/2 box of big pasta shells
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 block plain cream cheese
- 1/2-1 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- salt +pepper
First, boil your shells. You’re going to want them to cool off before handling them. So boil those and chop your veggies. Set the spinach, onion and tomatoes to the side. Strain most of the water out of the shells and put to the side.
While your shells cool, brown the sausage and strain. Once you have everything prepped, it’s time to get the mix ready to put inside the shells. I have no method to making this stuffing. Just like almost everything else I make, I eyeball it. I’ve put the measurements up there for you as a general guideline. Add or take away ingredients as you please!
Mix your take your sausage and cheeses and mix thoroughly. I think it’s best to do this first as the more you mix your veggies, the more watery they get. (Thanks tomatoes….) once you do that, toss in your veggies and mix well but not too much. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
*If you want sauce, I pour it into the bottom of my glass baking dish and set the shells on top. I don’t like too much sauce, but a small amount is really good with these.
Now for the filling. This is easiest if you take each shell and turn it inside out. If you rip a shell, that’s okay! Just support it in the pan with the other shells. Flipping them inside out helps them stand up a little better. Take a spoon, and fill the shells to the top. Sprinkle some shredded Parmesan on top, place them in the baking dish and heat on 350 for like 15-20 minutes. *or until the cheese is melty and the shells have crisped up.
Take them out and serve them with some yummy garlic bread and enjoy! This isn’t the fastest recipe but it’s definitely easy. (and it makes the best leftovers, I swear.)
Tell me below, what is your favorite pasta dish?
- 1 lb Sausage (any kind will do)
- ½ Box Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 2 C Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Block Plain Cream Cheese
- ½ - 1 C Ricotta Cheese
- ½ C Fresh Spinach (finely chopped)
- ¼ C Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 Fresh Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Jar of Your Favorite Spaghetti Sauce
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Boil Shells, strain majority of water out and place to the side
- Chop veggies and set aside
- Brown sausage while shells cool
- Mix together sausage, veggies and cheese. (Mix cheese and meat together first and carefully add veggies in as too much stirring will make them watery)
- Fill shells and set into sauce covered glass baking dish (When filling shells with mixture, turn the shells inside out. This will help them stand up easily in the dish.)
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan on top and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.