Can I just say what a rough couple weeks it has been? I feel like I have been running on a reserve tank for a while now. My brain is foggy and my mood is more touchy than normal. All because the four of us got sick. It turned our life inside out for 10 days. I have to confess: I haven’t felt very thankful these last 10 days. I sort of feel like I did something absolutely terrible and the universe is punishing me for it. In the midst of pouting about our messy schedule and being in a crap mood, I have forgotten to be grateful for all the good that I have in my life. I saw that quote, and it slapped me in the face a little. I complain so much about how hard everything is on the day to day, and I need to get over it. I thought I would make a list to remind myself of the things I get to do that I sometimes treat like a chore.
1) I get to be a mom. I even get to stay home with my girls full time.
2) I get to be married, to a person I chose.
3) I get to be a blogger and speak openly about my opinions.
4) I get to turn my water on to do dishes and laundry. I also get to shower whenever I want.
5) I get to make meals 3 times a day, every day.
I take a lot for granted. We complain a lot. Day in and day out monotony causes us to lose sight of just how very blessed we are. Are you guilty of forgetting what you get to do?